XSeen provides 12 predefined shapes. 10 are 3D shapes and 2 are 2D (flat) shapes. All of the shapes have a common set of materials in addition to the three standard transforming attributes. This page lists all of the shapes and provides the descriptions of the standard attributes. Many of the shapes allow partial (non-closed) definitions of their geometry.
- box -A rectangular solid.
- cone – A right cone.
- cylinder – A right cylinder.
- dodecahedron – A 20-sided platonic solid.
- icosahedron – A 12-sided platonic solid.
- octahedron – An 8-sided platonic solid.
- sphere – A sphere.
- tetrahedron – A 4-sided platonic solid.
- torus – A topological cross product of two spheres, aka donut.
- tknot – A torus knot. This is an intertwined non-trivial solid.
- plane – A non-infinite flat 2D object.
- ring – A flat 2D disk with optional hole.
- position – The position of this object relative to the current coordinate origin.
- rotation – The rotation of this object relative to the current coordinate system.
- scale – The scale of this object relative to 1.
- selectable – Indicates that this object is selectable with a cursor/mouse click or detects a mouse/cursor over event.
- type – The type of rendering. This value is case insensitive. The list below indicates on brackets which attributes are appropriate for which renderer. [All] indicates that it is appropriate to all renderers. There are two options:
phong [PH] – The shape is rendered using Phong materials and algorithm. This is the default.
pbr [PBR] – The shape is physically based rendered. This generally requires specifying many more attributes.
- emissive-intensity [All] –
- opacity [All] –
- transparent [All] –
- reflectivity [All] –
- refraction-ratio [All] –
- metalness [PBR] –
- roughness [PBR] –
- shininess [Ph] –
- specular [Ph] –
- ambient-occlusion-map [tbd] –
- ambient-occlusion-map-intensity [tbd] –
- color [tbd] –
- displacement-bias [tbd] –
- displacement-map [tbd] –
- displacement-scale [tbd] –
- emissive [tbd] –
- env-map [tbd] –
- fog [tbd] –
- map [tbd] –
- normal-map [tbd] –
- normal-scale [tbd] –
- side [tbd] –
- wireframe [tbd] –
- wireframe-linewidth [tbd] –